Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Conversation

Random conversation with an acquaintance

"Oh man, my back is killing me, I should sue that bastard"
"how long have you had it?"
"Ever since the accident"
"What accident, are you talking about that one you had when you were twenty?"
"Yeah, the Orthopedic repaired my pelvis after it was shattered, my whole acetabulum. After that they laid me out in bed with pulley's connected everywhere. My right leg is slightly longer than my left due to that idiot and now I have this chronic back pain"
"So now you want to sue him?"
"yes"
"Because you have pain in your back"
"yes, if he didn't tell me to lay in bed I wouldn't have this pain"
"Yeah, but didn't he save your life?"
"What do you mean?"
"If he wasn't there to put your pelvis back together after you fell asleep behind the wheel you would have been crippled for the rest of your life. At least you're walking now"
"Yeah but I have this pain sometimes"


Why do some people fixate on the most insignificant details while missing the big picture? We've been spoiled. Rotten now.