Sunday, December 05, 2004

So Am I



How did this happen? Were people always this depressed? Was I just too ignorant to notice? Is it just that it’s more acceptable to be depressed now? Why is everyone divorcing? Is it television? Is it expectations? Who gave you these expectations? Who lied to you?

Why does everyone expect so much from life? Every commercial says you “deserve” this and that, who says so? Why are you doing this to me? What, I’m just a sponge for your marketing? Is that all my life is worth whatever is in my pocket? What has become of my life, trapped in this call room? What have you done to my patients?

I don’t care what J-Lo’s house looks like or how much Puff Daddy parties? How does he have so much money? Where is this money coming from? How come he has that house and I’m stuck in this stinking call room trying to pay back student loans? Is this a sad joke? Have we gone mad? What the hell is going on here? Shut off this stupid television box that poisons my mind.

My patients came here with a promise of great fortune and then got depressed when they find they can’t make ends meat?

YOU WILL NOT MAKE MILLIONS HERE, IT'S A LIE, A MYTH. DON”T COME HERE, STAY HOME. YOU WILL BE HAPPIER!!!

I Promise.

Everyone HERE is depressed. Rightfully.

So Am I